Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, with over 50 years in the industry, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
We believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our dedication is to excellence and quality, and our promise to develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality and efficiency is our focus. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks.
At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
The Maintenance Superintendent will provide leadership and promote team development, best practices and procedures for the maintenance staff. Ensure compliance in safety, environment, quality, continuous improvement and reliability. Contribute technical expertise as required to coordinate maintenance staff and engage the team to foster ownership, financial stewardship and proactivity. This position will require the Superintendent to be hands on and assist the team as needed.
- Review daily work orders and service call reports and respond to tenant services requests ensuring the team provides a high standard of customer service.
- Handle on-the-job problems, concerns and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Supervise maintenance staff and contracted workers ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures, quality control, professional appearance, training and overall performance.
- Schedule, coordinate and oversee third party contractors to ensure specification standards are adhered to in accordance with contract provision and safety practices.
- Provide action planning for deficiencies and prepare schedule to address shortcomings.
- Liaise with regulatory or civic authorities as required.
- Must be available for on-call/standby and after hours call-outs as required.
- Ensure the properties, buildings and grounds are maintained in a first-class manner, including first impressions of curb appeal, aesthetics, and safety hazards.
- Oversee, schedule and carryout scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Ensure that all Corporate Occupational Health & Safety Policies, Procedures and Programs are implemented and strictly followed.
- Assist in the efficient, effective, and successful control of all building equipment such as but not limited to chillers, boilers, emergency generators, pumps and various air-handling systems
- Manage tenant work order requests while ensuring tenants are satisfied with building operational matters.
- Track and schedule work, ensuring all annual compliance testing and inspections are completed and documented.
- Maintain operator logs, checklists, and inspections.
- Performs other building operations and maintenance duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a commercial, retail, hospitality setting with direct supervisory experience
- Comprehensive understanding of mechanical, fire and safety, electrical, and HVAC systems
- 5th class power engineering license or BES 1 & 2 certifications is preferred
- Intermediate computer skills In Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook)
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
- A highly collaborative & team-oriented personality with strong troubleshooting skills
- A hands-on mechanical and electrical professional
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to solve problems and achieve goals using facts and sound reasoning
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to allocate and prioritize time effectively and manage multiple demands with tight deadlines. Work under pressure and achieve quality results
- Work environment requires moderate physical effort with the ability to operate in high levels of stress during emergency situations.
- Work may require repairs or maintenance in inclement or uncomfortable weather-related conditions