Legal Assistant Property Management and Leasing
Argus Properties is Kelowna’s fastest growing privately owned and operated real estate investment and development companies. With over 50 years in business, we have a proven track record of success, and the expertise to provide exceptional service in the areas of leasing, project management, property management, and construction.
Headquartered in Kelowna, British Columbia, we believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our extensive portfolio of properties includes innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments, and versatile business parks.
We take pride in our dedication to excellence, our reputation for quality, and our promise to find or develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality, sustainability, and efficiency. At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Reporting to the Director of Property Management, the Legal Assistant Property Management and Leasing is the point of contact for internal and external communications on matters pertaining to lease and property management documentation, and responsible for procedural continuity between all departments, including accounting and corporate as appropriate.
- Draft and produce all lease documentation within the company, including offers to lease and new lease agreements, renewals, amendments (extensions and relocations), assignments, surrenders, etc. This includes monitoring and tracking timelines to ensure each document moves through the process successfully and efficiently.
- Adhere to established leasing procedures and offer ways to improve as appropriate. Be a liaison between the property management department, the leasing department, and (on occasion) legal counsel, in a variety of matters associated with the development of an agreement to lease (commercial) and to ease the incoming tenant experience.
- Preparation of lease abstracts and summaries to ensure accurate and current information, and appropriate distribution.
- Attend weekly lease department meetings, if required; prepare and update meeting agendas and distribute meeting minutes.
- Assist with the timely collection of performance deposit, rent and other receivables in accordance with the lease and established company policy.
- Perform corporate searches, credit checks, and property title searches. Prepare Net Effective Rent (NER) analysis, when required.
- Maintain tenant compliance in regard to sales reporting collection and updating in the system, collection, review and confirmation of tenant insurance, in accordance with the lease.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing programs for all properties including website maintenance assistance and signage.
- Contribute to monthly performance and leasing reports for each department.
- Assist administration for the residential property management division, as required.
- Occasional back up for Receptionist and Executive Assistant.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Director, Property Management.
- Minimum 3 years of experience preparing legal documentation pertaining to real estate conveyance in a commercial rental environment; industrial, office, retail and bare land licenses, as well as contract documentation.
- Formal education in business administration, real estate, and/or legal assistance is an asset.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, including matters where confidentiality and sensitivity are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Results driven
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Yardi Voyager experience (or similar property management/accounting software) would be beneficial.