Live In Resident Manager
Argus Properties is Kelowna’s fastest growing privately owned and operated real estate investment and development companies. With over 50 years in business, we have a proven track record of success, and the expertise to provide exceptional service in the areas of leasing, project management, property management, and construction.
Headquartered in Kelowna, British Columbia, we believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our extensive portfolio of properties includes innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments, and versatile business parks.
We take pride in our dedication to excellence, our reputation for quality, and our promise to find or develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality, sustainability, and efficiency. At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
The Resident Manager, who resides at the property, reports to the Senior Property Manager and is responsible for tenant management, property administration and property maintenance.
- Review and process rental applications, pre-screening of prospective tenants, and coordination of suite showings
- Oversee accurate completion of the Residential Tenancy Agreement and signing by tenant, along with the collection of the appropriate security deposit
- Conduct move in and move out inspections with tenants
- Coordinate suite access for periodic inspections, repairs, and maintenance in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Communicate with tenants in regard to various requests relating to their tenancy, including but not limited to repair requests, early departures, and lease renegotiations
- Responsible for timely rent collection
- Enforce relevant building rules
- Accept and manage deliveries
- Manage and resolve or escalate tenant concerns, disputes and/or complaints
- Report on suite inventory, including vacancy tracking
- Administer residential tenancy agreements
- Prepare accurate deposits and deliver to head office for prompt processing and accurate record keeping
- Ensure delivery of notices relating to non-payment and/or late payments of rent, as well as proper delivery of Notices to End Tenancy for Non-Payment of rent in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Branch.
- Overall upkeep and presentation of the property
- Complete daily property inspections
- Maintain indoor and outdoor public spaces, including but not limited to landscaping, snow removal, garbage removal and cleaning duties
- Performs light repairs such as changing light bulbs
- Engages maintenance staff and outside vendors as appropriate
- The Resident Manager resides at the property in a one-bedroom unit
- The Resident Manager works 40 hours a week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 8am to 4.30pm.
- The Resident Manager is on call 24/7 for emergencies unless otherwise agreed with the Senior Property Manager
- Other tasks as assigned by the Property Manager
- Familiar with the BC Residential Tenancy Act
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Able to complete light maintenance duties
- Able to do physical work (lifting, carrying, climbing ladders)
- Proactive problem solver
- Highly organized
- Administrative skills with strong attention to detail
Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position. That means candidates are either a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident of Canada or a holder of a valid Open Work Permit.